Full Marathon FAQ
- What is it? 26.2 mile road race
- When is it? Saturday, May 11, 2019
- What time does it start? 8:00 a.m
NOTE: all races start together at 8:00 a.m.
- Where is the start? Depot Park in Whitefish, MT
- How do I get to the start? Depot Park is located on the north side of Whitefish, Montana at 510 Railway St, Whitefish, MT 59937
Parking is available in any of the public parking lots in downtown Whitefish. Please do not park at Marcus Foods. Please be courteous of local businesses and do not park at Marcus Foods.
- Where is the Finish? Depot Park in downtown Whitefish, Montana
- Can I start early? No. All marathon participants start at 8:00 a.m.
- What is the time limit? You must finish the race in 7 hours or less, a pace of 16:00/mile, to be considered an official finisher and receive a medallion. You must be off the course by 2:30 p.m.
- Can I register the day of? There is no race day registration.
- What’s the entry fee?$75.00 to $110 depending on when you register.
- WHAT HAPPENS IF I CHANGE MY MIND? Registrations are non-refundable and non-transferable. The Wave is a 501(c)(3) corporation, and because we are donating 100% of your entry fee to The Wave Scholarship Fund, your entry fee is tax deductible.
- What do I get for my Registration? You get to share the day with a bunch of crazy marathoners on a beautiful course. You also get a Whitefish Marathon shirt, a medallion if you finish in less than 7 hours, a party at the Finish, and a 1-day pass to The Wave.
- Do you shoot bandits? No, but only those registered may take part in the race. It’s just not fair to the runners, volunteers or others.
- Is the course certified? Yes!
- When and where do I get my bib number and race packets must be picked up on Friday, May 10 between 10am and 4pm at Wave Aquatic Center or on Saturday, May 11 between 6 and 7am at Depot Park.
- Are there aid stations on the course? Aid stations are positioned throughout the course, as well as at the start and finish.
- What will be offered at the aid stations? We’ll have water and Coffee Traders coffee at the start. Every aid station offers water and Hammer Nutrition Heed sports drink. Some offer Vaseline, HammerGel, and orange and banana slices. Porta Potties will also be available at some aid stations. Refer to our Last Minute Instructions in your race packet for specific aid station locations.
- Will there be someone taking pictures of me on the course? Yes. Mountain Life Photography will be on the course taking pictures.
- Where can spectators view the race? There are many great places to view the race. Please be careful when driving the course. Be respectful of all racers on road.
- When is the Awards Ceremony? The Awards Ceremony will be at Depot Park at approximately 12:00 p.m.
- What awards will be given? Every official finisher (7 hours or under) receives a medallion. In addition to the medallion, a first place trophy will be awarded to the first female and first male overall. Additionally, we will give awards to the top 3 finishers in each age group, in both women’s and men’s divisions. Individuals who win overall or the Master’s category will be taken out of the running for special age group awards. We do not ship awards. Please stay for the ceremony.
- Will you allow bikes on the course? Bikes are not allowed on the course.
- Will there be a party at the Finish? Yes! It’s free for runners and only $5 per person for family and friends. And yes, there will be beer for those 21 and over!
- Where in the world is Whitefish, Montana? We’re in the northwest corner of the state, near Glacier National Park.
- How do I get there? By Train: Amtrak eastbound from Seattle; westbound from Chicago.
By Air: Delta, Northwest, Alaska/Horizon, Big Sky and America West all serve Glacier Park International Airport, just 15 minutes from Whitefish.
- What kind of weather can I expect in May? We’ve ordered perfect weather: average highs in May are 71 degrees; average lows at night are in the low 40s. The aspen will be golden. That said, check the weather before leaving home and come prepared for snow.
- Is there anything else to do there? Glacier National Park is just 25 miles away! Take a stroll through downtown Whitefish and enjoy galleries, jewelry, clothing and casual to fine dining!!